Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Quilting -- Planning, participating, having fun!

The plan -- I'm going to try and post about once a week. If I do too much more than that I don't think I'll keep going. No promises, but that's the current plan.

Speaking of plans have you heard about the Patchwork Planner? I have to say that I think it's pretty cool. Of course, I don't know much, yet, but it looks like it will be a very useful tool. It's made by a quilter for quilters. I bought my own Planner with my own money... But it's got a lot of really interesting pages to help you keep track of your quilt-a-longs, your retreats, designs and a bunch of other quilty things. I don't know the current price, but it's worth a look. In case you're wondering... No, I am not receiving any kind of compensation for saying any of this.

I've joined a couple of Block-of-the-Month's (BOM's) recently. The first is called Maggie's First Dance - it started this month and continues until December. It's the end of June and I'm already behind!! The first block has quilting and then an option for applique, embroidery, or to highlight a fabric. I decided I wanted to do embroidery... and then I second guessed myself - I haven't done any embroidery since grade school! But the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea, so last week I ordered the hoops and fabric, and I've been embroidering and ripping out and re-embroidering all weekend. When I'm done with the embroidery I will post a picture of how it turned out... but don't expect too much.

The second BOM is a bit longer. It's called the Splendid Sampler and it actually started last February and will run through March of 2017. Needless to say, I'm a bit behind on that one, too. LOL! They release two blocks each week and you can join at any time. I thought that seemed like a good way to introduce myself to several different techniques without too much pressure. So far I've downloaded all the previous blocks... and that's about it. LOL!!

It looks like I have a lot to do in the next week or two. I need to finish Block 1 for Maggie's First Dance - they'll be releasing Block 2 on July 6th. I would also like to get at least one of the blocks for the Splendid Sampler done. Does that seem like too much? Oh! I forgot, I also need to finish my stitch sample book! YIKES! I better get to work.

Until next time,
Mama Higgins

No comments:

Post a Comment