Wednesday, June 22, 2016

The Adventure Begins... Sort of?

I decided to start this blog because I thought it might be interesting to see how things progress from a total novice who has never done any quilting to (I hope) an accomplished quilt maker.

I've been trying to sew at my kitchen table for the last few weeks, but after about 5 - 7 minutes I'm in severe pain and if I push myself to 15 minutes I'm in tears and can't do anything for the rest of the day. As of this afternoon, I have finally found a comfortable place for me to do some sewing. I've been creating a Stitch Sampler Guide, which I found online. I had already planned to do something similar, but when I saw this guide I decided that it seemed like a great way to do it. Today, I got stitches 1 - 38 (out of 100) done! There was some trial and error. Then I accidentally broke my thread and had to re-thread my needle and then my bobbin ran out of thread! LOL! But I sat at my machine for almost an hour!!! I know it's not actually starting a quilt, but promised myself that I wouldn't do any quilting until this was done. What's a girl to do?

I'm calling that good for today. Now I'm going to go sit in front of the TV and relax for a little while.

Stay safe,
Mama Higgins

No comments:

Post a Comment