Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Welcome to My Quirky Quilty Adventures!

Hello! Welcome to My Quirky Quilty Adventures! I'm Mama Higgins. I'm in my late 40's. I'm retired due to a disability. (I'm fighting with the government to get my Social Security, so I'm sure that you'll hear plenty about that. Sorry.) I've been a single mother since the mid-90's. Both of my children are adults now, but due to the economy we are all still living together. We're a very close family... but not that close! LOL! Actually all things considered we get along pretty well.

However, this means that I have lots of time to start my new hobby and, yet, somehow it's getting off to a slow start. Just before Mother's Day we found what appears to be a great sewing/quilting machine on sale at Joann's. It's a Singer Patchwork. I have no idea if that's good or not, but I know that when I was growing up (back in the dark ages), Singer was supposed to be one of the best sewing machines... I'm hoping that is still the case. :) So this is what my machine looks like.


I've got a couple of rotary cutters, some fabric, self-healing cutting matts, etc.... You would think, what with this being the middle of June, that I would have started quilting. Alas, this is not the case.

I will, however, be starting soon! I hope that you will join me on my adventure.

Mama Higgins

No comments:

Post a Comment