Saturday, July 30, 2016

Quilt Block 2 - a little delayed

Greetings!

Well, it's been a little longer than a week (more like a month) since my last post. Regardless, I'm back!

It's been a busy month. I've been to several doctors' appointments. I've gotten a string of x-rays taken and a couple of MRI's, as well. Lucky me. On the positive side, I've also gotten another block done for Maggie's First Dance BOM. I took a few pictures along the way so that you could see what I did.



As you can see, I chose to embroider the center block again. I also added another insect, a butterfly this time. Not only do I think this is adorable, but it also makes it just a little more personal.



My daughter did all the cutting for this entire series of blocks last month and I don't know if she cut a little too close or if my 1/4" seam allowance is a little too generous, but regardless, some of my blocks seem a bit smaller than I think they were supposed to be. It sure is cute, though, isn't it?


I haven't decided if I'll assemble this as a quilt or a wall hanging, yet. I'm sort of leaning towards a wall hanging with just the 4 blocks so that I can hang it up in my sewing room and see how far I've come... We'll see.

Until next time...
Stay Safe,
Mama Higgins

No comments:

Post a Comment