Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Being Productive

Hello!
It's been an amazingly productive few of weeks. When I look at the things that I've gotten done I am amazed that it's only been three weeks since I've been on here.... On the other hand, I really do want to be better about writing more frequently. We shall see what happens.

When last we left, I had finished my second block for the Maggie's First Dance BOM and my first block for the Splendid Sampler QAL. I have now finished my third block for Maggie's First Dance.


As you can see, I chose to only embroider the outline of the center block on this one... And I added a ladybug. I think it turned out really cute.

While looking for tips about the embroidery I discovered Alyssa James' blog over at Penguin and Fish. She is also working on the Splendid Sampler. One of the really cool things that Alyssa does is that she broadcasts her work on SS live via Periscope every night at 9:30 pm CST for anyone who wants to join her and get tips or motivation or whatever...  She also puts her broadcasts up on YouTube for people who don't want to watch it live, but still are interested in seeing what's going on. This has really helped to motivate me to work on my SS blocks! I have now finished block 2.


 And block 3 - although I'm not very happy with this one - see how funny the hearts look? I think that I might do this one again... we'll see.


And block 4


As if that is not enough, I am also done with the Aurifil Designer of the Month Challenge block for August!


I don't know how that looks on your screen, but on my screen the center color looks awfully yellow, and it's supposed to be more of a lime green with swirls against a navy blue with golden stars. I'm actually quite happy with the way it turned out.

I'm not ready to enter any quilt shows or anything, but I'm enjoying the process and I can see that I'm making progress. That makes me happy.

I hope you're making as much progress as I am.
Until next time...
Stay Safe,
Mama Higgins

No comments:

Post a Comment