Saturday, August 6, 2016

The Splendid Sampler Block 1

You may recall a little while ago I was talking about The Splendid Sampler. It's a Mystery Quilt-a-long, blocks are released twice a week - on Sundays and Thursdays. It originally started on Feb. 14, 2016, however, I didn't discover it until mid June. At the time I wasn't ready to jump right into such a long and complicated sounding project. I've been downloading old blocks and reading a bunch of blogs about the project. There will be 100 blocks altogether.

Well, this week the project has been celebrating the release of its 50th block. Several of the bloggers have giveaways and a bonus block has been released. It's been lots of fun. Coincidentally, I finally got started on my Splendid Sampler this week. Block 1 is called Hearts A Flutter and here is my version.



If you look closely you can see that I desperately need to work on sewing around curves. Originally I did the sewing with a top stitch, but it really showed my lack of skills so I changed the stitch to something that has x's and it looks significantly better, IMHO.

No comments:

Post a Comment